Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dan Peek Went to Heaven Last Night

When I was in high school and even beyond high school, my absolutely favorite rock band was America.  I owned every one of their albums, knew every one of their songs by heart.  The music was almost like it spoke to me.  I have probably been to their concerts five different times including not too long ago when they were in the Taste of Cleveland performing as a couple different old guys playing the same old songs.

One of the founders of America and the writer of the hit song “A Horse With No Name” died last night.  What made Dan Peek even more memorable is that he left the group in 1974 when he reached absolutely rock bottom, accepted Christ as his Saviour and became a carpenter of all things.  His testimony follows.

When I first came to know Christ in 1981, I started listening to Dan Peek as an individual gospel writer.  His music had a strong influence on me. 

The Lord took Dan home in his sleep last night.  We will miss you Dan, but look forward to a new set of songs in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment