Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reviving the Soul

“The law of the Lord is perfect reviving the soul”
Psalm 19:7

This blog is about reviving the soul.  I have lived over 20 years of my life in darkness before Jesus entered my life.  I know what life is like in darkness.  After knowing Christ, I also know what it is like to have a dark life of the soul.  God never abandons us, but he will let us experience that taste of darkness as part of bringing us back to fullness of relationship.  The world can never provide the deep joy of intimacy that a relationship with the living God brings.  

Where does it start again?  It starts with the Bible.  It starts with seeking that relationship.  I can never will myself into a satisfactory life no matter how hard I try.  God will reveal himself to us progressively through the pages of his word.  What does that look like?  It is not rote.  I know for many years I would go through the motions in daily devotional only to come up empty.  But as I earnestly seek God through prayer, meditation on the word, there is knowledge, intimacy, and joy.  Revival comes from within.  Ruminate on God’s word, commit it to memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment