Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Politics Season–What I Wish Would Change

Just thinking out loud about the worst of politics season and what I wish would change.  I don’t normally introduce politics into this blog, but I feel compelled to today.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the politicians can tell me something about what they can do for this country instead of what the other guy can’t do? 

Wouldn’t it be nice (sounds like a Beach Boys song) if those who have never run a business would think twice before critiquing those that have run a business?

Wouldn’t it be nice if context is drawn out of the hopeless array of statistics that are supposed to prove a point? 

Is asking for a tax return a sign of success or failure?  Isn’t asking for a tax return supposed to reveal success not failure?  When we used to ask for a tax return or W-2’s of a prospective salesman, it was to demonstrate that he or she had been successful.  Now it is used as a weapon to indicate that you are not being fair in your payment of taxes.  Amazing how that has turned around. 

Is asking about integrity in a politician something that we should ask about?  I’m sorry, but multiple extramarital affairs may be a sign of integrity issues.  Would I want someone with integrity issues as Commander in Chief?

Just thinking out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment