Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Unique Creation

We custom built our home 12 years ago and were able to put our own stamp of workmanship into the house.  There are still some things that we built into our home that we uniquely enjoy.  We love how the home is built around the property for example.  Unfortunately now that our kids are mostly out of the house, the uniqueness of it is kind of dwarfed by the size of it that is just too big for Deb and I.  However, the house becomes a home by the family interaction.  I will always remember the uniqueness of our home long after we are gone from it.  It endures because of it’s unique purpose in the life of our family.

There are 7 billion people on this planet and each person on it was uniquely designed by God.  There are no duplicates.  Further, each has a unique purpose.  Whenever I might be tempted to think that I lack purpose, I need to be reminded of that fact.  I heard Patrick Morley (www.mitm.org) speak on the uniqueness of each of us in his podcast from his weekly bible study.  I have captured part of the clip here that really summarizes that we are uniquely made for a specific purpose. 

So when I am tempted to just be caught up in the day to day grind, I am reminded of how God uniquely designed me for HIs purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment