Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What My New Years Resolutions Should Be!

Each of us makes New Years resolutions.  Eat less, lose weight, read more, watch T.V. less, etc.  It is a license to break and often times they are unrealistic.  However I recently heard a different spin on New Years resolutions and those are the resolutions we should keep.  These are the resolutions that others would say about us.  Now I originally thought I would get my camcorder out and interview my wife, kids, co-workers, friends, etc.  But that would put them on the spot, and besides they might be less than truthful to not make me look bad.  But I know so much about my weak spots that I thought I would take a stab at it from each of the group of people that mean the most to me.  So here goes.

  • From God – Get to know me better!
  • From my wife – listen to me more and better and don’t tune me out.
  • From my kids – communicate with us more often and not just through mom as proxy.
  • From my co-workers – praise us more and don’t just point out our faults.
  • From my Kent State students – give us easier, more predictable tests.  Oops sorry, that one is unattainable.  Let’s try - be more clearer and tell us more clearly what we need to know.
  • From my CLC brothers – Let’s hang out more often and just be guys.
  • From my close friends – Pray more for us and bear our burdens.
  • From our pastors – we are human like you and facing a huge spiritual task – will you remember us in prayer?
  • From my parents (blood and in-laws)  – Call and visit us.  Appreciate what we have done for you.

I am not sure how I will do at this list but I think the first task is actually recognizing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment